The Ultimate Guide to Buying the Best Electric Scooters for Handicapped Adults
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Owning an Electric Scooter for Handicapped Adults?
This article will provide you with information on the best electric scooters for handicapped adults. it also includes a review of the top 5 mobility scooters and the pros and cons of each one.
Best electric scooters for handicapped adults are in high demand nowadays, as these disabled persons have issues moving around so they need electric wheelchairs or mobility scooters. Disability scooters listed here have been recommended medically and there are also airline-approved mobility scooters available. You can buy electric mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs on Amazon and Walmart for handicapped adults.
- It Increases independence: Mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs have provided handicapped adults with independence, that is, it has made them independent and they do not necessarily require aid when they wish to go out as they can go out at will which is why the best electric scooters for handicapped adults out there is advantageous. Mobility scooters are perfect for those who get tired easily. It also provides psychological benefits as disabled adults and persons can move around as they wish.
- It Prevents Injuries: Mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs are designed such that they provide enough space for the lower body (legs and knees). It allows them to be able to adjust their positioning immediately at will to prevent injuries which makes an electric scooter qualify to be considered as one of the best electric scooters for handicapped adults. When you are older or disabled the risk of falling during physical exertion is high but mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs reduce the risk of fall-related injuries during exertion.
- It Is Easy To Operate: Mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs are easy and simple to operate as they require no technicality and expertise at all. Most mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs are effortless to operate and the batteries can be easily recharged from the comfort of your home.
- It Increases Accessibility: With shopping malls, schools, churches and malls becoming more accessible. It becomes easier for mobility scooters and electric wheelchair users to access these points.
How to Choose the Best Electric Scooters For Handicapped Adults
Choosing the best electric scooters for handicapped adults is not a hard task. But it is important to consider all the factors that can form or shatter the experience of using and owning one.
First of all, you have to consider what type of ride you are looking for. Do you want a electric scooters for handicapped adults that will be used indoors or outdoors? Is it going to be used on smooth surfaces or off-road?
Also, think about your physical needs. If you are not able to walk, then you need an electric wheelchair which can accommodate a seated position and has an adjustable height handlebar for steering control. If your mobility is limited, then you need an electric scooter with a flat deck or base so that it can be pushed with ease.
Reviews of the Top 5 Best Electric Scooters for Handicapped Adults 2022
This mobility scooter is very easy to take apart which it compliments with its long frame and spacy feel which many disabled adults crave. The Go-Go Sport is well built and stable enough for outdoor riding, it has a wheel with an overall length of 43 inches to create more room for the leg. It has characteristics which include powerful 18 AH batteries which can travel a distance up to 14.5 miles and it also has a 325 lb maximum weight capacity. The Go-Go Sport for handicapped adults is pretty convenient to disassemble into five pieces with the heaviest piece weighing 44 pounds.
WHY IS IT SAFE?
It is pretty safe for handicapped adults because its flat-free tires are 3 inches wide for increased friction and safety. The handles are easier to grip especially for disabled adults who prefer a one-handed operation. Furthermore, the bright LED headlamp lighting your path after dark lets you see and be seen for safety. You can decide to charge the mobility scooter at the charging port on the tiller which prevents bending over or take your batteries to charge them separately. You can buy electric mobility scooters on Amazon and Walmart.
The Go-Go Sport 4-Wheel:
*has a total rating of 4.6/5.0 on amazon
*has a total rating of 5.0/5.0 on Walmart
2. Buzzaround Ex Extreme 4-Wheel Heavy Duty Long Range Travel Scooter:
The new Buzzaround EX electric scooter is longer to offer room for your foot, with an awesome turning radius. Additionally, this electric wheelchair takes a few seconds to disassemble with just 4 easy steps making travelling from one destination to another super convenient!
The Buzzaround Extreme Mobility Scooters for handicapped adults come with standard 2U1 batteries which are the industry’s leading and the largest battery in this category. For maximum operations, it has, a maximum range of 18 miles and a portable and effortless to disassemble with an increased weight capacity of up to 330 lb.
WHY IS IT SAFE?
The Extreme Mobility Scooters feature the latest ultrabright LED headlight and taillight, a 330 pounds weight capacity, larger 9 inches tires, and comfort suspension springs for the smoothest ride. It is longer to offer more room for the foot, with a great turning radius.
The EX Extreme 4-Wheel:
*has a total rating of 4.6/5.0 on Amazon
*has a total rating of –/5.0 on Walmart
3. Phoenix HD 4-wheel travel mobility scooter:
The Phoenix HD 4-wheel travel mobility scooter brings together a 350 lbs weight capacity with the dissasemble portability of a travel electric scooter. These electric scooters also have a height-convertible seat with adjustable-width and flip-back arms to fit in with varying body types. Their seats as well help with portability by folding flat and allowing easier travelling or storage.
Your Phoenix HD 4-Wheel scooter can effortlessly and quickly dissipate into four pieces, with the heaviest part weighing only 46 lbs. This scooter is also very easy to operate, as the controls require no expertise or technicality.
WHY IS IT SAFE?
More like is it comfortable, right?
The Phoenix HD 4-Wheel was designed to assist you to find the ideal positioning from which to operate your scooter. The seat is height-adjustable to prevent any unnecessary stress on your knees and legs. The seat also turns around more like swivels and can lock its position in a 45-degree increase.
The Phoenix is also available in two-seat widths. The quality seat is 17.5 inches wide by 17 inches deep and for those who need a bit more space, a bigger seat of 20 inches wide by 17 inches deep is available. Both seats fold down for convenient storage and transport. The adjustable angle tiller has a self-activating straightening characteristic, aiding you to position yourself conveniently into your favourite driving position.
The controls are also designed to help those with strength or capability or ability problems by providing an adjustable throttle that can be controlled using just one finger. The Pheonix mobility scooters are available to buy at Amazon and Walmart.
The Phoenix HD 4-wheel travel scooter has:
* a rating of 4.4/5.0 on Amazon
* a rating of –/5.0 on Walmart
4. EWheels Ew-36 Elite Recreational Electric Mobility Scooter:
WHY IS IT SAFE?
For your safety, it also comes with a wheel bar to avoid tipping backwards. It also included a reverse gear, armrest and stylish cargo rack. The EW-36 comes equipped with a digital anti-theft alarm and two rear shock absorbers on the frame.
The EWheels Ew-36 Elite Recreational Electric Mobility Scooter has:
* a rating of 4.4/5.0 on amazon
* a rating of 4.6/5.0 on Walmart
5. ATTO Folding Mobility Scooter by Moving Life, Full-Size Portable Electric Scooter for Adults:
ATTO Folding Mobility Scooter by Moving Life is a full-sized portable and comfortable electric scooter for disabled adults has a very stylish design and its portability is top-notch given the fact that it is very easy to move around.
It gloats of a 12-mile maximum range and has a maximum weight capacity of 265lbswhich is a lightweight trolley for effortless car and overhead storage. It also possesses cutting-edge design and aviation-grade materials.
ATTO Folding Mobility Scooter by Moving Life, Full-Size Portable Electric Scooter for Adults has:
* a rating of 4.0/5.0 on Amazon
* a rating of 4.2/5.0 on Walmart
The electric scooters listed above are suitable for handicapped individuals for easy mobility. There are others like this, but these are the top in the industry presently.